Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was printed on the paper placement of an Indian restaurant we tried out in downtown Boston. It was originally called "Fresh Fruit and Mint Chutney".
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaf, chopped
- 1 tart apple, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Cover the raisins with a cup of hot water and set aside to plump for 10 minutes.
- Drain the raisins and gently squeeze out the extra moisture.
- In a bowl, combine the raisins with all the chopped or diced ingredients and squeeze the lemon juice over all.
- Salt to taste.
- NB Wear rubber gloves when handling the chilis.