Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make and share this Apple or Rhubarb Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups apples or 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- To make base just mix and put in an 8 x 8 inch cake pan.
- Topping: Mix in the order given and crumble over apples/ or rhubarb.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with cream or ice cream.
I chose to make the apple crisp and loved the topping! It is super rich and delicious. I did only bake for 30 minutes as my apple slices were on the thin side and would have been applesauce if I had baked for the 45 to 50 minutes.