Recipe by Galley Wench
This is extremely tasty and thanks to ground flaxseed, it's healthy and may contribute to the health of your heart. Found this recipe on the internet (What's Cooking).
Top Review by Mami J
This was unexpectedly very good, even without any butter, lol. I made it today for my breakfast because no one else in my house likes crisps, it will last me a couple of days (oh well more for me :) ). I think it's best eaten warm. Thank you for sharing Galley!
- 6 cups fresh sliced apples (such a Braeburn) or 6 cups pears
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a baking dish, coated with nonstick spray, and toss gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and toss well to coat.
- Combine flax, remaining cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in a separate bowl. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping golden brown.