1/1 Photo of Apple or Pear Clafouti (An Easy French Dessert)
I'd never heard of this dessert until I ate it in a small hotel at the foot of the French Pyrenees. I came back home and was able to find this recipe on the internet-- I believe a French cuisine website, but the name escapes me. Quick, easy, and yummy, too. Preparation time includes resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl.
- 2Make a well in the center of mixture and add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- 3Mix in well to form a smooth batter.
- 4Add 4 TBS of the melted butter.
- 5Let batter stand for 30 minutes while preparing the fruit.
- 6Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- 7Butter an 8 inch round cake tin.
- 8Stir the fruit into the batter and pour into the tin.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- 11Serve warm, or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple or Pear Clafouti (An Easy French Dessert)
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.2 mg
- Sodium 156.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 61.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g