A quick and easy dessert that is quite tasty. You can change the fruit filling and cheeses to suit your mood or use fresh fruit in season.If using fresh fruit, you may have to cook atop the stove for a few minutes to help break down the fruit. Add 1/4 C sugar for each 2 C fruit. You may end up with extra fruit, so make 2 Quesadillas. Use cream cheese with cherry and top with sugar. Use provolone with blueberry or blue cheese with blueberry. Very inexpensive, too.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray iron skillet or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, cover with a paper towl and microwave about 15 seconds until melted.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet or cookie sheet.
- Spoon fruit onto middle of tortilla leaving about 1/2 inch all around.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the second tortilla on top.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the crust.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon (if apples are used) in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over tortilla.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!