Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy dessert that is quite tasty. You can change the fruit filling and cheeses to suit your mood or use fresh fruit in season.If using fresh fruit, you may have to cook atop the stove for a few minutes to help break down the fruit. Add 1/4 C sugar for each 2 C fruit. You may end up with extra fruit, so make 2 Quesadillas. Use cream cheese with cherry and top with sugar. Use provolone with blueberry or blue cheese with blueberry. Very inexpensive, too.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large flour tortillas (12 inch)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like extra sharp)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray iron skillet or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, cover with a paper towl and microwave about 15 seconds until melted.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet or cookie sheet.
- Spoon fruit onto middle of tortilla leaving about 1/2 inch all around.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the second tortilla on top.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the crust.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon (if apples are used) in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over tortilla.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!
You can get really creative with these. We ended up making fresh blueberry & cream cheese filled Quesadillas. It was like a quick cheesecake snack without the dirty dishes & bake time :) Thanks for the inspiration westtextazzy!
COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THIS! Oh, my!! I cooked down a granny smith apple (made for 1 serving) with a little sugar and cinnamon. Then I used one large tortilla...added cooked apple to half, topped with approx 2 TBS cubed cream cheese...folded tortilla over to create a half moon...spread melted butter over the top and sprinkled cinnamon sugar over that. Baked about 8 minutes and proceeded to devour while still VERY hot...burning my mouth in many different places but it was WORTH it! Could not put it down. This is one of my new favorite Zaar finds! Thanks Pamela... your recipe ROCKS!!! Made for PAC 2010
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THESE, probably because it reminded me of the ol' saying ~ 'Apple Pie without Cheese Is Like..."! Anyway, I made the apple version with sharp cheddar & was very pleased with the results! Another time I'll definitely make the cherry version! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pickk-A-Chef]