Recipe by pamela t.
A quick and easy dessert that is quite tasty. You can change the fruit filling and cheeses to suit your mood or use fresh fruit in season.If using fresh fruit, you may have to cook atop the stove for a few minutes to help break down the fruit. Add 1/4 C sugar for each 2 C fruit. You may end up with extra fruit, so make 2 Quesadillas. Use cream cheese with cherry and top with sugar. Use provolone with blueberry or blue cheese with blueberry. Very inexpensive, too.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
You can get really creative with these. We ended up making fresh blueberry & cream cheese filled Quesadillas. It was like a quick cheesecake snack without the dirty dishes & bake time :) Thanks for the inspiration westtextazzy!
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large flour tortillas (12 inch)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like extra sharp)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray iron skillet or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter, cover with a paper towl and microwave about 15 seconds until melted.
- Place 1 tortilla in skillet or cookie sheet.
- Spoon fruit onto middle of tortilla leaving about 1/2 inch all around.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the second tortilla on top.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the crust.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon (if apples are used) in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over tortilla.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!