Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast, easy, nutritious
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, thick
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Butter the bread.
- Sprinkle raisins and sunflower seeds on top.
- Arrange apple dice on top of seeds and raisins.
- Top with grated cheddar.
- Bake in toaster oven till hot and bubbly.
All the filling seemed a bit too much for my poor tiny little bread slice to hold up, so I used 2 slices instead. I also omitted the butter (didn't think I needed all that fat :-) and used wheat germ instead of sunflower seeds. My apple wasn't as crisp as I would've liked it, but this still tasted very unique! Next time I'll use a little butter as well... just a little :-) Thanks Barb!
I didn't like this very much there just wasn't much to it.