Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love apples with pork chops and this sounded very good. Granny Smith apples were used for this recipe but any tart apple would work. Found this easy recipe on Favorite Brand Name Recipe's website.
- Lay pork chops on platter and season with salt and pepper if desired, than curry powder.
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter spread. Add chops and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove and set aside.
- Using same skillet cook onions over medium heat for approximately 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stirring occasionally, add apples and cinnamon. Cook approximately 4 minutes or until apples are tender. Pour in apple juice and scrape brown bits from bottom of the skillet cooking an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork chops and serve immediately.
I backed off on the curry powder and I shouldn't have done so! It needed a little 'kick' which the curry powder provides. I started the onions off in the microwave (2 min, high with a bit of olive oil), next time I think that I'll caramelize them over medium heat for 15-20 min or so before adding the apple etc. On the whole, a good recipe, we will be having this again.
I really like each of the main ingredients in this recipe, and love curry & cinnamon, but had never had this combination together. I made only one chop, but used an entire apple, so it made a complete & filling meal in only a few minutes. I still prefer chops cooked on a grill, but for kitchen cooking, these are pretty good.
Pork and apple is just one of those combinations that can't go wrong! I only had sweet apples, so I used water instead of juice, and the flavor was just perfect. Very, very good!