Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
I love apples with pork chops and this sounded very good. Granny Smith apples were used for this recipe but any tart apple would work. Found this easy recipe on Favorite Brand Name Recipe's website.
Top Review by PJH
I backed off on the curry powder and I shouldn't have done so! It needed a little 'kick' which the curry powder provides. I started the onions off in the microwave (2 min, high with a bit of olive oil), next time I think that I'll caramelize them over medium heat for 15-20 min or so before adding the apple etc. On the whole, a good recipe, we will be having this again.
- 4 pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (hot or mild)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, I prefer I Cant Believe Its Not Butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay pork chops on platter and season with salt and pepper if desired, than curry powder.
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter spread. Add chops and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally. Remove and set aside.
- Using same skillet cook onions over medium heat for approximately 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stirring occasionally, add apples and cinnamon. Cook approximately 4 minutes or until apples are tender. Pour in apple juice and scrape brown bits from bottom of the skillet cooking an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork chops and serve immediately.