Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request. I remember something like this from grandma/family gathering days. Enjoy
- 3 Red Delicious apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- salt (to taste if apples are tart)
- Peel, core and slice apples into about 1/4" slices.
- Peel and thinly slice onions.
- Layer the onion slices in a buttered 9 1/2" pyrex pie plate.
- Put a layer of apples on onion slices, another layer of onions, ending with apples.
- Pour one cup of bouillon over the layers, then sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
- Drizzle melted butter over the crumbs.
- Bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes or until top has browned.