Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I needed to make something for dinner and thought I'd try brats in the crock pot. They turned out great! All the kids had 2 and wanted more, LOL! I didn't have any beer so I tried pouring apple juice over it all and it turned out just as tasty. You could use beer if you like. No need to fire up the grill. It cooks all day while you're at work and is ready when you get home!
- 8 bratwursts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into rings
- 2 cups apple juice or 2 cups beer
- Place onion rings into bottom of the crock pot and add apple rings.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add brats and garlic. Brown on all sides, poke a couple holes, and transfer to the crock pot.
- Pour the apple juice or beer over all, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
These were the most vile tasting brats my husband and I ever had. He said he had to "choke it down"--and I couldn't eat them at all. I spit out the one bite I took. The texture is incredibly mushy. The mixture of ingredients is so unpalatable! What a waste of high quality butcher store brats. Very, very disappointing.
Delicious! Tried it tonight! Daughter who's picky loved it! Yummy!
this turned out quite delicious. i used a ninja cooker set on slow-cook high for nearly 3 hours after browning the sausages and onions first in the ninja on stovtop high setting for jsut a few minutes. i used a combination of apple jelly and beer with sliced apple wedges and rings of yellow onion with salt, pepper and a bit of rosemary the slow cooked sausage was tender and juicy with a beery apple flavor imparted into it. i scooped the sausages, broth apples and onions into a large serving bowl. placed the soft apples and onions on a plate and placed the sausages on top and drizzled with the beery apple broth.....oh yummmy! this was with a side dish of a potato-hash sauerkraut bake garnished with bacon bits and them some buttered bread and beers. reccomended.