Recipe by Cynna
Spooky little cupcakes that are perfect for your childs next Halloween party. Flavored with apples and spice (and everything nice!) these cupcakes are a sure-fire hit!
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml applesauce
- 78.07 ml milk
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 453.59 g package confectioners' sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- red decorating gel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 18 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat sugars and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and applesauce.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine in large bowl with mixer at low speed, cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners sugar alternately with milk and vanilla and beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- If desired add more milk until frosting is desired consistency.
- To decorate, frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Use red decorating gel to add veins to eyes; make pupils of eyes with M&M's (M side down, of course).