Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spooky little cupcakes that are perfect for your childs next Halloween party. Flavored with apples and spice (and everything nice!) these cupcakes are a sure-fire hit!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red decorating gel
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 18 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat sugars and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and applesauce.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine in large bowl with mixer at low speed, cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners sugar alternately with milk and vanilla and beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- If desired add more milk until frosting is desired consistency.
- To decorate, frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Use red decorating gel to add veins to eyes; make pupils of eyes with M&M's (M side down, of course).