Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spooky little cupcakes that are perfect for your childs next Halloween party. Flavored with apples and spice (and everything nice!) these cupcakes are a sure-fire hit!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red decorating gel
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 18 medium muffin cups with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat sugars and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and applesauce.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Combine in large bowl with mixer at low speed, cream cheese and butter.
- Add confectioners sugar alternately with milk and vanilla and beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- If desired add more milk until frosting is desired consistency.
- To decorate, frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Use red decorating gel to add veins to eyes; make pupils of eyes with M&M's (M side down, of course).