Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great vegan dish.
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml chopped dates
- 236.59 ml unsweetened coconut (or more) (optional)
- 473.18 ml apples (grated, 2 small)
- 2 soymilk (or more cups) or 2 nut milk (or more cups)
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- seasonings such as cinnamon (optional) or apple pie spice (optional)
- Measurements may vary depending on size of casserole dish.
- In an 8" x 8" baking dish, sprinkle 1/3 of the oats on the bottom of dish.
- Next, layer 1/2 of the raisins, 1/2 of the coconut, another 1/3 of the oats, and all of the apples (or applesauce), and top with spices.
- Pour on 1/2 of the milk.
- Continue by adding the rest of the raisins, oats and coconut, and spices.
- Top with the almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour on the rest of the milk.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Wow! This was the most delicious breakfast!! It was so nice that I ate the whole thing by myself LOL..The only thing I added were some dried apricots, which, in my opinion blended in very nicely offering a bit of extra for those taste buds. Also very nice with cold chocolate or vanilla soy milk poured over - yumm! Thanks for this wonderful recipe, will be making it again and again, I'm sure!
This is a wonderful dish. No sugar yet sweet with the raisins. Does as suggested need more liquid. Also tried other fruits such as berries instead of the apple. Excellent for a pudding served with soya cream. Will use this a lot, many thanks.