Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Soft, and very very nutritious...Use soy milk for more flavour.
Make and share this Apple Oats Casserole Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 small apples
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped dates or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Finely grate the apples, and set aside.
- Scatter 1/3 of the oats over the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter 1/2 the raisins and coconut over the oats.
- Place another 1/3 of the oats over the raisins.
- Spread the apples evenly over the oats.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tspn cinnamon over the apples.
- Pour over 1 cup of milk.
- Scatter remaining raisins and coconut over.
- Scatter remaining oats over raisins and coconut.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon over oats.
- Pour remaining cup of milk over. Scatter almonds evenly over casserole.
- Bake for 35-40 minute Will be quite soft.
Hearty breakfast not bars. This is softer than bar consistency. DD1 (5 years old) says it is yummy eaten with a dose of organic 3.5% milk on top. I liked it just not as much as her. I used organic wheat free rolled oats, organic pear instead of apple which worked well, organic rasins and organic chopped apricots in a lesser amount, no optional coconut, less organic chopped walnuts instead of almonds per preference, plus the rest of the ingredients. I like that this contains no added sugar. I will try another baked recipe next time.
Yummy! I actually used almond milk (so my vegan friend could have some) and I omitted the coconut. Super delicious - it's not oatmeal consistency, more like a heavy pudding. Super yummy and super nutritious!
Fabulous for breakfast or brunch with yoghurt - I doubled the recipe and used skim milk and dried fruit salad as I had no dates with great success - it is a casserole type thing and I am unsure of the use of the term "bar" in the title as it is too soft to cut up and you need to serve it with a big spoon but it is very healthy and I loved it !!