Recipe by melting pot
Soft, and very very nutritious...Use soy milk for more flavour.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Hearty breakfast not bars. This is softer than bar consistency. DD1 (5 years old) says it is yummy eaten with a dose of organic 3.5% milk on top. I liked it just not as much as her. I used organic wheat free rolled oats, organic pear instead of apple which worked well, organic rasins and organic chopped apricots in a lesser amount, no optional coconut, less organic chopped walnuts instead of almonds per preference, plus the rest of the ingredients. I like that this contains no added sugar. I will try another baked recipe next time.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 small apples
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped dates or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Finely grate the apples, and set aside.
- Scatter 1/3 of the oats over the bottom of the pan.
- Scatter 1/2 the raisins and coconut over the oats.
- Place another 1/3 of the oats over the raisins.
- Spread the apples evenly over the oats.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tspn cinnamon over the apples.
- Pour over 1 cup of milk.
- Scatter remaining raisins and coconut over.
- Scatter remaining oats over raisins and coconut.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon over oats.
- Pour remaining cup of milk over. Scatter almonds evenly over casserole.
- Bake for 35-40 minute Will be quite soft.