Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Quaker Oats cookbook
Make and share this Apple-Oatmeal Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter or 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or 1 cup raisins
- 1. Heat oven to 350. Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Beat sugars and margarine in large bowl until well blended. Add apple butter, egg whites, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and, if desired, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl; mix well. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and dried fruit; mix well. (Dough will be moist.).
- 3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- 4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely. Store tightly covered.