Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a variation on "Mom's Oatmeal Muffins," posted by Narshmellow. I cut back on the fat and sugar some, and added apples and cinnamon. They came out delicious!
- 1 1⁄8 cups whole wheat flour (pastry)
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a big bowl ( this does not include the apples).
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (this also doesn't include the apples).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stir until just moist.
- Add the apples, stir only until they're well distributed.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, fill almost to the top (these don't rise much).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
This is a very quick muffin to mix up but I think it needs a little bit more fat and sugar. It didn't have much taste because of the low sugar and was dry after baking. Sorry. Reviewed for PAC07