These are wonderful and easy to make cookies. From my Great American Home Baking collection.
Make and share this Apple-Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a medium bowl, combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in raisins and apples.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, honey, oil and milk.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Mix to form a smooth batter.
- Drop batter onto ungreased baking sheets, using a rounded teaspoon of dough for each cookies, leaving 2 inches between.
- Dip fingers into water.
- Press dough down to about 1 1/2-inch diameter Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden Remove sheet from oven.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack.