Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
As seen in Columbus Dispatch
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour, preferably stone-ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats and apple.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are really lovely, healthy biscuits. I used unsalted butter instead of margarine, as I feel it's better for my 1 year old son.