1/4 Photos of Apple Oatmeal Cookies
I found this recipe on a search for lemon zest recipes (I had just gotten my Microplane Zester and had fallen in love with it and was zesting lemons and oranges all over the place). The lemon zest doesn't have a starring role in these cookies, but they are pretty yummy, very apple pie-ish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I leave this out)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of (from 1 medium lemon)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 medium apple, peeled,cored and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup raisins (about 6 ounces)
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest.
- 3Mix well with a wire whisk and then set it aside.
- 4Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- 5Add the egg, applesauce and honey, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 6Add the flour mixture, fresh apple and raisings.
- 7Blend at a low speed until just combined.
- 8Don't overmix it, and don't worry, it's supposed to be a soft dough.
- 9Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on to ungreased cookie sheets (I like to cover the sheets in parchment paper).
- 10The cookies should be spaced about 1 ½ inches apart.
- 11Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g