Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this when trying to use up instant reduced-sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal packets since I had an oatmeal cookie craving. I think it was 4 or 5 packets? I'm no baking expert but they came out nice & chewy like I like 'em. However they don't have a strong apple flavor if that is what you are looking for.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced sugar instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter & sugars together.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stir until combined well.
- Form into large balls (slightly larger than walnut-sized) and place about 1 in apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.