Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These bars are like an apple crisp with the "crisp" on the bottom and the top.
Make and share this Apple Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add brown sugar and oatmeal.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat 1/2 the mixture into a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan to make a bottom crust.
- Put apples on top of this bottom layer.
- Cover with remaining crumbs.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or til nicely browned.