Recipe by hipbonez
Healthy, delicious and dense muffins. There much easier to get out of the paper lining if you let them cool first.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more, if you like)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 banana, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 large apple (make sure it's baking safe)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Peel and dice your apple so it’s ready to be put inches (1/2" chunks work well).
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar) in a large bowl.
- Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, and soy milk.
- Mix the wet into the dry and toss in the nuts and apples (quickly!).
- The batter should be rising, very fluffy and wet.
- Scoop it into paper linings in a muffin tray or a greased tin.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or as soon as they look done. (over cooking might make them hard).