Recipe by pansies
This one sounds so quick and easy. Haven't tried it yet though. It was shared on a recipes e-list several years ago.
Top Review by ladypit
This was awesome! I used cheap baking mix (purchased at the dollar store), vanilla soy milk, and 25 oz of apple pie filling. I cooked this about 15 minutes longer than listed but we loved it both cold and warm.
- 3 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in milk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in fruit filling, and spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares. Makes about 16 servings depending on how you cut them.