Recipe by erinc502
healthy and yummy muffins perfect for a snack or part of a complete breakfast!
Top Review by stephaniemiller1701
Good base recipe for moist muffins. I made 17 full sized ones as I don't have a mini muffin tin - baked at 375 for 20 min. I only had coconut oil and olive oil on hand, so I used the coconut oil, coconut yogurt instead of plain, and added some shredded coconut in with the oats. They were delicious, but a bit sticky. Because the yogurt was sweetened, next time I would take down the brown sugar amount, even though they were not overly sweet.
- 2 cups about 3/4 pound mcintosh apples, peeled and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place apples on paper towels and squeeze until barely moist. Set aside.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk Make a well in the center of mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, oil, vanilla, yogurt, and egg. Add to well of flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in apples. Spoon batter in muffin cups. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins immediately and cool on wire rack.