1/2 Photos of Apple Oat Cake (Low Gi)
Very moist, low in fat, not too sweet cake which is very satisfying so you don't need to eat too much to feel full. Your hips will thank you for it! Very South Beach (ph 2).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons natural set low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 small eggs (or 1 jumbo one)
- 500 g red apples, peeled cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Lightly spray cake tin (round or square medium size) with spray vegetable oil. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (moderate heat).
- 2Cake: Combine in a bowl all dry ingredients (flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt).
- 3Combine in a small separate bowl yogurt and olive oil, then add to dry ingredients.
- 4Add apple juice and eggs and beat until combined, then fold in the apples.
- 5Spoon mixture into prepared cake tin.
- 6Topping: Mix yogurt and olive oil in a bowl.
- 7Combine oats, flour, sugar and grated apple.
- 8Mix until it is a crumbly texture (If too moist you may add pinches of flour, however the crumble effect will still happen after cooked). Crumble mixture over top of cake batter and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake is firm and bounces back when lightly touched.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Oat Cake (Low Gi)
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 72.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g