Recipe by ~Jena~
This was my great-grandmother's recipe from the early 1900s and has a very unusual dressing.
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 3 ingredients (apples, nuts, sugar). Let stand while dressing cooks.
- Whisk next 6 ingredients in a saucepan, cook until thick on medium heat.
- Add 1 beaten egg; beat into sauce.
- Let sauce cool to room temperature and stir into apple/nut mixture.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.