Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was my great-grandmother's recipe from the early 1900s and has a very unusual dressing.
Make and share this Apple Nut Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Mix first 3 ingredients (apples, nuts, sugar). Let stand while dressing cooks.
- Whisk next 6 ingredients in a saucepan, cook until thick on medium heat.
- Add 1 beaten egg; beat into sauce.
- Let sauce cool to room temperature and stir into apple/nut mixture.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.