Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I bought my stoneware deep dish baker, a recipe pamplet came with it. This delicious recipe was in there!
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium apples
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (or craisins)
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Separate the biscuits into 20 pieces.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits into the melted butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Arrange biscuit pieces in a round shallow baking dish.
- Peel, core and slice apples into thin slices. Cut slices in half with a paring knife.
- Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around the outer edge of the baking dish.
- Chop nuts. Mix the nuts and raisins with the remaining sugar mixture and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a spatula. Enjoy!
Served this yummy desert to my sisters and their husbands. Not one piece was left on the plate!
This turned out wonderful. It was very easy and tastes great for breakfast or a snack. My children enjoyed it very much. The cinnamon, walnuts, apples and raisins are perfect together. Thanks for sharing.