Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious for fall, winter, or whenever!
Make and share this Apple Nut Pancakes (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider (or juice)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled cored and diced
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour through allspice).
- Make a well in the center and add vanilla, cider, and soy milk, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in nuts and apples.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil or cooking spray.
- When hot, pour 1/3 cup batter on skillet. Cook until bubble appear and then flip.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Totally yummy! The only change I made was to add more liquid because I like my pancakes a little more on the thin side. This is a keeper for sure!
I had some granny smith apples I wanted to use up, plus appple juice and soy milk to use, so this recipe was perfect! I made a double batch which I would not recommend because it was so thick I had to add a lot more liquid to make it so I could get it on the griddle. I also think that, if I made these again, I'd leave out the nutmeg. Even the small amount seemed to overpower the cinnamon for me. That said, the kids and I enjoyed these as a healthy breakfast on a lazy cool summer day. We ate ours with a dollop of cool-whip on top which I know is not as healthy as the rest of the recipe, but we felt we could because of how healthy the panackes are!
These apple nut pancakes were delicious! We used some green apple soda instead of apple cider or juice because its what we had, but otherwise followed the recipe. My family agreed that we enjoyed this more than the traditional unhealthy version of pancakes, so we will be making this often. Thanks VeggieHippie!