Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty pancake mix with apples and nuts. Makes 8 1/2 cups of dry mix. Make it up and store it in a container to have on hand, or give as a gift mix in a basket with apple butter and fresh syrup.
- 3 cups dry milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of coarsley ground pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried apples, cut into small pieces
To complete pancakes using 2 3/4 cups mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the dry milk, the flours, pecans, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the apples.
- Store in an airtight container in cool place.
- Makes 8 1/2 cups of pancake mix.
- Cooking instructions: Measure 2 ¾ cups of the pancake mix into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 ¼ cup water, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Stir until just moist.
- Grease and preheat a griddle or skillet.
- Using about ¼ cup batter for each pancake, cook until top is full of bubbles and bottom is browned.
- Turn the pancake and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- For a gift, place the mix in a container or a Ziploc bag.
- Place the Ziploc bag in a home made fabric bag and attach a gift tag with name and cooking instructions.