Recipe by Nikki Kate
From Emeril Lagasse, 2002! I watched Emeril make these on his show and thought they looked very good. They are delicious!! They are not like most of his recipes that are complicated! Very each to put together.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup peeled cored and chopped sweet apple
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts, plus
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- Add the sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add ot the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- To make the streusel topping, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined and crumble.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake until a tester inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.