Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, ground
- 0.59-1.23 ml nutmeg, ground
- 473.18 ml apples, peeled, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml nuts, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 828.06 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 340.19 g sour cream
- cinnamon sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add apples; cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in nuts.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternating with sour cr eam.
- Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter into greased jumbo muffins cups.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each (do not spread). Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Editors Note: If using regular-size muffin cups, fill cups half full with batter; add a rounded teaspoonful of apple mixture and remaining batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Fabulous muffins! The apple mixture tastes just like apple pie filling and the muffins rise up beautifully. The batter is a bit thicker than the usual muffin batter but the texture is wonderful when baked. I left out the nuts and used low fat sour cream. I made 20 regular sized muffins. I think next time I'll add some cinnamon into the batter as well as to the apples and the sugar on top. These are a bit more work than most muffin recipes but worth every bit of it. Thank you, Marg!
Wonderful recipe! My 2 1/2 year old is asking for more. I did omit the nuts, but only because I forgot about them. I think I prefer it without actually - but it's very good. Thanks!
wow! absolutely delicious....