This are like little coffee cakes to-go. Perfect to take on picnics, in school lunches or on the way to the office.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 473.18 ml diced peeled apples
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 828.06 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- For Apple Filling:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add apples; cook over medium-low hear for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts and cool.
- For Muffins:.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix to distribute.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon batter into greased jumbo muffin cups to 1/4 full.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each but do not spread the mixture.
- Top with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 Tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle muffin batter with cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Note these muffins can be made in standard pans to. If using a regular size pan fill muffin cup 1/2 full with batter then top with a slightly rounded teaspoons of the apple nut filling and top with remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.