1/2 Photos of Apple Nut Muffins
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
This are like little coffee cakes to-go. Perfect to take on picnics, in school lunches or on the way to the office.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1For Apple Filling:.
- 2In a saucepan, melt butter.
- 3Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
- 4Add apples; cook over medium-low hear for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in nuts and cool.
- 6For Muffins:.
- 7In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 8Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 9Beat in vanilla.
- 10Combine dry ingredients and mix to distribute.
- 11Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 12Spoon batter into greased jumbo muffin cups to 1/4 full.
- 13Spoon apple mixture into the center of each but do not spread the mixture.
- 14Top with remaining batter.
- 15In a small bowl combine the 2 Tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- 16Sprinkle muffin batter with cinnamon and sugar mix.
- 17Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done.
- 18Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 19Note these muffins can be made in standard pans to. If using a regular size pan fill muffin cup 1/2 full with batter then top with a slightly rounded teaspoons of the apple nut filling and top with remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g