Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This are like little coffee cakes to-go. Perfect to take on picnics, in school lunches or on the way to the office.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- For Apple Filling:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
- Add apples; cook over medium-low hear for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in nuts and cool.
- For Muffins:.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix to distribute.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Spoon batter into greased jumbo muffin cups to 1/4 full.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of each but do not spread the mixture.
- Top with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 Tbs. sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle muffin batter with cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-27 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Note these muffins can be made in standard pans to. If using a regular size pan fill muffin cup 1/2 full with batter then top with a slightly rounded teaspoons of the apple nut filling and top with remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.