Recipe by swimmer175
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it came from a cookbook compiled of old recipes from farms in the early 1900's. Hope you like it!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Combine egg, milk, and 1/4 cup melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Combine remaining butter with 2 tablespoons sugar and spices, brush on tops of muffins.
- Bake in 375 F oven for 30 minute.