- baked cornbread (9in pan)
- 12 biscuits (Baked)
- 1 large onion
- 6 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- 4 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 4 (12 ounce) cans Swanson chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble breads store in refrigerator at least over night (the older the bread the better the dressing).
- Chop onion and celery Sauté in 2 sticks butter. Peel and cube apples. Add to bread crumbs sage (some folks may prefer either more or less), salt, pecans, celery, onions and broth. Mix well.
- Pour into buttered 10 X 13 oven safe dish and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- **If you prefer dressing dryer add less broth.