Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great cookies, and fun to make when the apples are falling from the trees and nice and crisp and delicious! I use Macintosh apples, but you can use any sweet apple.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup apple, unpeeled, and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients, and add to mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Drop in the shape of a ball on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375, for 12-15 minutes.
Made a half mix and got 15 cookies using a tablespoon to scoop and put on tray. Cooked for 14 minutes. Took to DS's music recreation group were they were enjoyed. Thank you Linda's Busy Kitchen. Made for Newest ZAAR Tag08A.