1/3 Photos of Apple Nut Cinnamon Muffins With Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Topping
One of my family's favorite apple muffin recipe, the topping on these muffins is delicious!! This recipe makes about 30-32 mini muffins also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 14.78 ml baking powder (slightly heaping)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml cold butter (no subs!)
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 78.07 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 158.51 ml half-and-half cream or 158.51 ml milk
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- 4Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.
- 5Measure out 1/4 cup to add to topping ingredients; set aside.
- 6Add in the chopped apples and nuts to the flour mixture.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together egg and half and half cream, then add to the flour mixture; stir JUST until combined, mixture will be lumpy.
- 8Spoon into muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- 9To the reserved 1/4 cup butter mixture add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons brown sugar; toss to combine.
- 10Sprinkle the topping mixture over each muffin.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Nut Cinnamon Muffins With Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Topping
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g