Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of my family's favorite apple muffin recipe, the topping on these muffins is delicious!! This recipe makes about 30-32 mini muffins also.
Top Review by sheena101112
Thanks so much for the recipe... Im just a "rookie" with baking stuff... I just baked this tonight and I love it soooo much and so are my boys...I served it with vanilla ice cream on the side ...I am still looking for more great dessert recipe . DO you have more? Great and easy ones like this? Thanks again...
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 14.78 ml baking powder (slightly heaping)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml cold butter (no subs!)
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 78.07 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 158.51 ml half-and-half cream or 158.51 ml milk
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.
- Measure out 1/4 cup to add to topping ingredients; set aside.
- Add in the chopped apples and nuts to the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and half and half cream, then add to the flour mixture; stir JUST until combined, mixture will be lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- To the reserved 1/4 cup butter mixture add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons brown sugar; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.