Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Super moist and absolutely delicious! This cake can also be baked in a 10-inch tube pan.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I needed to use up some apples, so I made this and took it to work the next day and everyone raved about it. It was soooooooo moist and had so much flavor. I used 3 large apples and substituted pecans for the walnuts. Other than that, I followed the recipe as written. As other reviewers have said, the brown sugar glaze is scrumptious. It makes a lot of glaze. I used about 3/4 of the glaze and I'm going to use the rest on some banana bread that I am making tonight. Thanks for another great recipe, Kittencal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (can use more)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat the oil with white and brown sugar until well blended (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to the sugar mixture; mix until combined.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Transfer to the bundt pan and bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
- To make glaze: In a heavy saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar and whipping cream; bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat stirring or whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Drizzle the warm glaze over the cake.