1 hr 5 mins
This is a flavorful apple cake with a sweet twist. Nice for Cake and Coffee or Buffet, or Dessert any time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh ground is best)
- 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1Beat the 4 eggs and 1 1/2 c.
- 2of sugar in a mixing bowl for 4 min.
- 3until they get a nice light yellow color.
- 4Mix your dry ingredients together.
- 5Stir in all the ingredients, blending all well, but don't overbeat.
- 6You only want everything to be well mixed.
- 7Pour this batter in a greased 9x12" pan at 350* for 50-60 min.
- 8The cake is done when a toothpick tests clean.
- 9Boil the sauce ingredients together for one minute.
- 10This mixture must be stirred constantly to prevent sticking.
- 11Pour over the cake when warm.
- 12When cool, top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 186.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g