Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a flavorful apple cake with a sweet twist. Nice for Cake and Coffee or Buffet, or Dessert any time.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh ground is best)
- 1 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, cold and whipped (cream)
- Beat the 4 eggs and 1 1/2 c.
- of sugar in a mixing bowl for 4 min.
- until they get a nice light yellow color.
- Mix your dry ingredients together.
- Stir in all the ingredients, blending all well, but don't overbeat.
- You only want everything to be well mixed.
- Pour this batter in a greased 9x12" pan at 350* for 50-60 min.
- The cake is done when a toothpick tests clean.
- Boil the sauce ingredients together for one minute.
- This mixture must be stirred constantly to prevent sticking.
- Pour over the cake when warm.
- When cool, top with whipped cream.