1/1 Photo of Apple Nut Buttermilk Cinnamon Topped Muffins
These muffins are fantastic, and rise very high when baked! If you prefer a sweeter muffin add in more brown or white sugar. I have even made these in mini loaf pans and they were great! If you like nutmeg just add in 1/2 teaspoon to the flour mixture if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (add in more for a sweeter muffin)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- 5Make a "well" in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture; fold/mix in with a wooden spoon or a spatula JUST until blended (batter will look lumpy).
- 6Fold in apples, nuts and raisins (if using).
- 7In a small cup or bowl; mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- 8Divide the muffin batter evenly between the muffin tins.
- 9Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes, or until muffins test done.
- 11Immediately remove from tins.
- 12Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Nut Buttermilk Cinnamon Topped Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g