Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Bread Pudding that has a flavorful aroma while cooking. Great for a fall-winter evening.
Make and share this Apple Nut Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Place bread cubes, apples, and pecans in a greased slow cooker, and mix together gently.
- Combine sugar,cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, and pour over breadmixture.
- Cover, cook on low 3-4 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream.
As much as I like raisins, I seldom buy raisin bread (although I've made it from time to time!) so I used slices of a nutty, whole grain bread along with a handful of dark raisins, then followed the recipe from there, for a great tasting bread pudding! Great flavor from the toasted pecans & the Granny Smiths, & here's another recipe to include in my bread pudding file! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
It wasn't very sweet which my dd and dh liked better then our normal treats. I don't care for nutmeg and wished I had left it out, even though it was a small amount. I didn't plan my time very well so I ended up cooking this in the oven at 350 for 55 minutes. I think it would be better in the crockpot and will make that it that way next time.