Top Review by katew
I am thrilled to rate this first ! I have just eaten 2 bowls of this pudding with a little pouring cream - all right , I admit, a lot of pouring cream !! My pudding turned out like a firmish casserole - not totally set like an oven baked bread and butter custard but it may well set more as it really cools down, all the flavours were fabulous. I made no changes except my pecans were walnuts. This is so easy to do - what a treat to have discovered this recipe !!
- 6 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread cubes, apples, and pecans in a greased crock pot (or slow cooker liner).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs, cream, vanilla, apple juice, and butter; mix well.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.