Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist and delicious. Perfect to give as a gift.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture; mix gently.
- Fold in apples, nuts and coconut.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9X5 inch pan. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar which have been mixed together.
- Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Mix by hand to avoid overmixing and to insure a tender moist loaf.
Perfect for those who prefer light tasting fruit breads. Such a wonderful aroma, came through the kitchen when it was baking. I am not a fan of fruit breads but this is wonderful. The only change I made was to use buttermilk rather than milk, and to add an extra 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I used pecans for the nuts and did not use coconut.The apples flavor compliments the bread,rather than over powers it. You can not go wrong with this, Thanks LizCI