1 hr 5 mins
This is a really easy, really delicious way of making a great kugel. The recipe calls for wide noodles and I will post it that way, but I prefer medium noodles. The recipe was in a pamphlet from Comstock-Wilderness and we enjoyed it, I hope you do too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sugar
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins, I use golden raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 3Place cooked noodles in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- 4Combine 1 cup sugar, apple pie filling, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- 5Pour apple mixture over noodles and sprinkle with raisins.(I lightly stir mixture at this time).
- 6In a medim bowl, combine cornflakes, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 7Sprinkle over entire top of noodles.
- 8Top with butter pieces.
- 9Bake 45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Noodle Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.1 mg
- Sodium 181.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 61.1 g
- Protein 13.5 g