Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe sent to me from my Grandmother that she highly recommends. Not sure what the title is supposed to mean - but that's what she calls it! I would describe this as a light cake with tons of apple pieces in it, but in pie shape. The apple pieces are chewier than I expected; not at all like apple pie. This is a very sweet treat, so I prefer it with vanilla yogurt, instead of ice cream!
- Cut peeled apples into tiny pieces.
- beat eggs, then add all ingredients except apples.
- fold in apples.
- put in lightly greased pie plate.
- bake at 350F for 30mins.
- serve with ice cream, yogurt or cheese slices.
- Grandma recommends Granny Smith apples!