- 500 ml apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 250 ml oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins (when I ran out I used sultanas)
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, pared, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup pecans, broken (my neighbour used walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the apple juice, sugar, oil, spices, raisins, and apples over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Blend in flour, baking powder and nuts; mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in a preheated 180 degree c oven
- Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.