Apple Mulligatawny Soup ( Chicken )
- In deep skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in gingerroot, garlic, curry paste, salt and pepper and cook one minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add squash and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add apple and chicken and cook just until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm naan bread or cooked basmati rice.