1/1 Photo of Apple Mulligatawny Soup ( Chicken )
From the Washington Apple Commission.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups diced granny smith apples
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1In deep skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in gingerroot, garlic, curry paste, salt and pepper and cook one minute.
- 3Pour in coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Add squash and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Add apple and chicken and cook just until apples are tender but still hold their shape, about 10 minutes more.
- 6Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm naan bread or cooked basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Mulligatawny Soup ( Chicken )
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 323.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g