Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this recipe up today and they're gone already!
- 2 large apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (I used granny smith)
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice of
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄4 cup dried currant (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- Preheat oven to 180c/350°F Line large size muffin tin with muffin liners.
- When you chop the apples, combine them immediately with the grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon to keep them from turning brown.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Mix to just combine. Spoon into muffin liner (the chunky batter should reach the top of the liner). Sprinkle tops with some oatmeal.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.