Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 15 muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the self-rising flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar and then chopped dried apples - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5APPLE MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 egg
- 7APPLE MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 400.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the milk, oil and egg.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed; do not overstir.
- 11Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- 12Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g