Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 15 muffins.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the self-rising flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar and then chopped dried apples - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- APPLE MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 egg
- APPLE MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, oil and egg.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.