1/4 Photos of Apple Muffins
These muffins are so good for for breakfast before school or to pack in a lunch with a salad. Recipe source: May 1981)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup corn oil or 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease and flour muffin tins or use paper liners.
- 3In a small bowl combine white sugar and butter and mix with a fork until crumbly and set aside for topping.
- 4In a large bowl combine brown sugar, oil and egg.
- 5In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, soda, salt and vanilla.
- 6Alternately add buttermilk mixture and flour into the brown sugar mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined.
- 7Fold in apples and pecans (if using).
- 8Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and then sprinkle with reserved topping mixture.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 274.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g