Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all dry ingredients set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar and cinnamon on each muffin before baking.
- Bake at 400 deg.
- for 20-25 minutes .
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans.
I love the recipe! Now this is my must have breakfast. Wonderful with a cup of coffee in the morning. I love the mature taste - not too sweet.
In fact, I one-upped the recipe by making my my apple sauce fresh with no sugar. If you are like me and don't want too much sugar in your food, here is how I do it:
- Skin, core, and dice about three apples (I always use the sweeter kinds - gala, red delicious, pink lady, etc.)
- Put into a pot and add water to just above the apples
- Once tender, mash the apples
Now you have perfect unsweetened apple sauce. Makes the recipe perfect.
These had wonderful flavor and were VERY moist! I will definatly make again!!
Lovely and Moist.